CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Laws....

Laws are a good thing.  They protect us.  They set standards and expectations for us to live our lives by.  They determine right from wrong - good from evil.  Without them there would be chaos.  Laws are good.  Really?....

Of course I think laws are good, but I also think they can intrude into placed they don't need to go....they can restrict freedoms...they can allow evil to reign.  It's a fine line when laws are put into place between oppression and freedom.  Fine line indeed.

We're in Leviticus in our YOTB reading and wow....the laws.  The "if, then" statements....whew.  Rough.  Graphic even....especially those animal "entrails and dung"....ugh!  Don't even get me started with the clean and the unclean!  I was reading today about the uncleanness of women during their "monthly cycle" and it struck me how hard our ancestors had it.  I mean really.  Outside the camp for 7 days after - everything we touched was unclean - everything we sat or laid on was unclean.  Whew..thank you Jesus for the 21st century! LOL

At one point I wrote in my journal - these laws Lord, what do they mean?  Why are they here?  And ever so gently I felt the Lord tell me, "So you could see and appreciate the fact that you could NEVER keep them all - that's what my Son came for".  I love when He does that.  When He reveals things to us and reminds us of basic principles we already know! 

I was reminded of Psalm 119 and how often it said I will delight in your laws (precepts).  Particularly...1 "Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD.  Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart." Ps 119:1-2

I want my way to be blameless...to walk according to the law of the Lord...I want to blessed - to be considered blessed by the Lord!!  I love the Word of God!   I love His laws!  I love that Jesus came not to do away with the Law but to fulfill it.  He came so that when I do blow it - break His laws - I can be forgiven IMMEDIATELY!  I don't have to wait for the 'day of atonement'.  I don't have to go to the priest because the Great High Priest lives in me...He walks with me...He forgives me!!!

THANK YOU JESUS......

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Girl! It's the truth! I am sooo thankful for Jesus and that he came to fulfill all of that! I get overwhelmed with it all and I asked Steve, "Do you think Moses has some sort of sticky notes to write all of this down on? Who can keep up!?!?" LOL! I am learning so much though and I am excited to see how God is at work in our lives! LOVE YOU!