CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Another week of grace!

**UPDATE**
Ok, so after posting about my emotions gettin' the best of me today, I went in to color with the princess and turned our favorite channel on TV, The Food Network. Oh yeah, me and the girl LOVE to watch some cooking shows. So anyway, don't you know that the Lord spoke to me thru a cooking show. He can use anything I tell ya! This guy - not a clue who he was - was making something - don't remember what - and he was sauteing garlic. He goes "You want to heat the garlic just enough to release it's aroma - the breath of the garlic". I just froze. I sat there going "Lord, that's exactly what you're doing in me. You're heating me up some - just enough - to release your aroma - your very Breath in me." Then immediately Isa 43 came to my mind.
"When you pass through the water, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you WALK THROUGH THE FIRE, YOU WILL NOT BE BURNED; THE FLAMES WILL NOT SET YOU ABLAZE. For I am the Lord, your God." (emph mine) Y'all, God's Word is alive and active. It's relevant. It's not just a book of stories and myths mixed with a little encouragement here and there. It's life. It's bread. It's water. Open it up and get you some!!!





Hey everyone. I know that the blogging world lends itself to "fronts" or masks. Unfortunate, but it's the truth. Well if you spend more than five minutes with me you'll quickly learn that I'm as transparent as they come. Ask me just about anything and you'll get a "story". I'm one of those "have a story for everything" kinda people. Can be annoying, I know, but can be funny too - at least sometimes.

So, we're starting week 3 of grace around here and I have to admit that it's been a tough couple of days. Jimmy's last check from Wachovia comes tomorrow and then....well the Lord has been so faithful to us that I know for sure He will again...but still. I'm being as open and honest as I can here people. It's difficult to fight worry. It's difficult to fight fear. It's especially difficult for me to fight anger and bitterness. That's all too familiar territory for me.

I've been blessed with such amazing friends who send me an email just about every day that is filled with Scripture and an "I love you" and that truly has made all the difference. Truly. They will never know how the Lord has reassured me over and over thru their efforts. Thanks to all of you...but still. It's a battle that I need some prayer for. If you think of it, please pray that the Lord will show Himself in a MIGHTY way to me. That He'll open doors for Jimmy and more than anything He'll calm my heart.

We had such an amazing day of worship at church yesterday - at least it was for me - and I found myself QUITE emotional as I stood there singing "Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise, when the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say Blessed be the name of the Lord...Blessed be your name when the road's marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be your name." Now I know there are many of you whose suffering is SO MUCH greater than mine...but still. I hope I don't offend anyone, but each of our situations are ours alone. Difficult for us individually.

Sorry, this isn't something funny or inspiring, but I'm feeling myself start to slip into that pit of worry and unbelief and I need "a little help from my friends"! haha Thanks for being so faithful to pray for me and I'm sorry for being a draining friend (Leigh - haha).

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things." Ps 103 1:5a

Father God I pray that you'll redeem me from this pit of worry and unbelief. I do trust your word and your plan. I'm sorry for doubting - even for a minute. Lord forgive me. I ask that you strengthen me with your mighty right hand and I ask that you show yourself strong to me. Thank you for loving me and for the way you have provided for us day after day. I trust that you are doing a good thing in my family and I ask you to settle my heart and fill me with your peace. Thank you Lord. In the name of Jesus, who died that I might have life to the full thru Him I ask these things. Amen...

1 comments:

HeatherMichelle said...

hi again - LOVE the Food Network/garlic illustration & the Isaiah passage. Thanks for sharing! :-)