CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Already?

I love the anticipation of beginning a new Bible study. I love picking up the book and looking thru at all the blanks and wondering how God will fill them in for me. I love reading ahead - just a little - to see what we'll start with. I love it! But where does the time go?
Tomorrow is the last day of our Esther study. Sniff. It's funny because I had been doing my homework a week ahead of the class, but decided as we were going thru it that I didn't like that so I was only about 1/2 a week ahead. (being the leader I decided I needed to be prepared! haha) But this last week was different. I didn't read ahead. I couldn't. This study is truly amazing! If you haven't done Beth Moore "Esther, It's Tough Being a Woman" PLEASE do! You think you know the Esther story already? I challenge you to think again. You think Esther has little to do with your life? Think again. You think how could you possibly relate to a Jewish girl who becomes Queen of Persia? THINK AGAIN Sister!!! You'll find yourself in EVERY character in the story. Yes, even in the evil Haman. Trust me.
So tomorrow we wind this study down, but here's the exciting thing. The ladies who have been SOOOOO faithful to come and y'all there's been about 15 - 16 ladies who have been FAITHFUL to a Wednesday morning Bible study, want to start another study! They're so hungry that they don't even want to take a week off! That makes me want to go out in my yard and do a cartwheel!!!! Of course, I'd likely either break my wrist or fall and break my leg so no cartwheels - they'll just have to be done in my heart!! I love it when the Lord sets a fire of passion in women for His Word! That's the ONLY reason I agreed to lead this study. I knew I had NOTHING to offer these women, but my love for the Word, my passion for breaking it open and diving in! There's nothing like it! You think you know a verse - you think you've heard it all before - you think it's a nice story.........THINK AGAIN! It's alive! It's active! It's breath! It's life!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO! I'm 'bout to run a lap for the Word girls! LOL!
So as we close the book on Esther, I find myself on the edge of my seat in anticipation. I can't wait to see where He leads next! I can't wait to go pick up my Sword and see where He leads!!Don't you wanna come along?.....

1 comments:

Melissa said...

WAAAA AAAA AAAA!!! I didn't even want to read this post because I knew what you were going to say! (Well, I'd like to see that cartwheel!) BUT girl we are gonna press on in God's Word and He is gonna show up in a new way and we are just gonna be blessed again and it just won't stop! I have loved the journey!! Every second of it! :) And what a good leader we had!