CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let it go.....

Easier said than done, isn't it? Letting things go. Sometimes I have said I let it go in my head, but in my heart it's been a different story. UGH. HATE it when that happens. The Lord has really been showing me areas in my life where I've held on to things that should have LONG ago been let go of. Been laid down. I'm so thankful the Father hasn't given up on me. Where would I be? SCARY!
So I have to tell you what happened in our Bible study yesterday. One of my sweet girlfriends came to study with her 2 yr old niece in tow. It was unexpected for her and she wasn't able to send her to childcare so she stayed in the lesson with us. I know what you're thinking - bet that was fun? Actually it was amazing! That precious little thing hardly made a peep for 2 HOURS! I think I heard her sweet voice twice the whole time. Mine would've been crawling under the tables or twirling in the middle of the group. Scary, I tell ya! ;-)
There's a story behind this sweet little girl. Her momma doesn't know Jesus and neither does her daddy. Her Auntie is the only Jesus this baby girl ever sees. (And boy does she see Jesus in her life!!!) When her momma found out she was pregnant with the princess she wasn't quite ready for the "commitment" motherhood would bring and decided to abort. My sweet friend intervened and convinced her to change her mind!! YOU GO GIRL!! To the great glory of God, the sweetest little angel was born and thus graced our study with her presence yesterday.
As we ended the Esther session, Beth Moore was talking about letting things go, giving our giant-size weights of life to the Only One who can truly carry them so she had us lifting our hands as she prayed. Everyone raised their hands during this time of surrender. As we opened our eyes this little miracle girl had gotten down into the floor and was standing with her precious little hands lifted to Jesus. Imagine the weight that baby carries every day in a home where Jesus isn't. Amazing! Needless to say, all of us just fell out! It was one of the most precious experiences I've ever been a part of.
It's so hard to let things go, but oh girls when we do...the freedom! We can truly dance in the glory of God! We can truly sing, smile, shine for Jesus. Yes the hard times come. Yes difficulties arise, but trust can turn that thing around! Trust that God will sustain you regardless of the outcome. Trust, let go and live.....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

STOP IT! I makes me cry all over again! Oh, it was truly amazing. I just can't imagine what the Lord has in store for that little one. He has already saved her once! He must have BIG plans for her life!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh my goodness girl!! That is soooo sweet!! I love it!! Praising the Lord for that sweet child!!