CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

"I know Baby"

This weekend my baby girl got a boo-boo. No, there won't be any pictures posted of this one! LOL. After it happened I just sat rocking her and kept saying to her - in some attempt at comfort - "I know Baby, I know". Not really sure it helped all that much, but it was all I had to give her. It's hard when our kids hurt. It's hard when we can't do a thing to stop it or make it better for them, or for ourselves for that matter.
Lately I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed. There's a LOT going on in my life - a choir concert in 2 weeks, the end of my Esther study (sniff), Easter, Spring Break, a women's conference, children's choir spring concert. Just a LOT of stuff. I think because it's all relatively close I'm just feeling the stress of it. So God, in His loving kindness sent me to some Scriptures for comfort. He's so good that way. He's inviting me to crawl up on His lap and just rest a bit and let Him gently rock me with the Peace of His Word. I hope you'll gain some comfort from them in your day as well. Some of these are just portions of the verse, but they still speak VOLUMES! Enjoy!

"The Mighty One, God the Lord! He knows!" Josh 22:22
"for the Lord is a God who knows" 1 Sam 2:3
"he (the Lord) knows the way I take" Job 23:10
"the Lord laughs at the wicked for he knows their day is coming" Ps 37:13
"he (God) knows the secrets of the heart" Ps 44:21
"The Lord knows the thoughts of man" Ps 94:11
"for he (the Lord) knows how we are formed" Ps 103:14
"the proud he (the Lord) knows from afar" Ps 138:6 OUCH!
"he (God) knows what lies in darkness" Dan 2:22
"Your Father knows what you need before you ask him" Matt 6:8
"Your Father knows that you need" Matt 6:32
"God knows your hearts" Luke 16:15
"The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile" 1 Cor 3:20
"but God knows" 2 Cor 12:3 (do we even need anything else?!)
"The Lord knows those who are his" 2 Tim 2:19
"the Lord knows how to rescue" 2 Pet 2:9
"and he (God) knows everything" 1 John 3:20
AND THAT'S THAT! Now I want you to find someone in your house (even if it's your pet), look at them and say "THE LORD KNOWS"!!! ;-)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Girl! The Lord KNOWS! He knows! AND I love that He knows and I love that He tells us over and over again that He knows because I have the hardest time hearing Him sometimes!
I love you! Thanks for the encouragement!! :)