CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Praise the Almighty...

Today as I did week 6 of "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore all I can say is praise the Lord! I've been listening to an arrangement of "Praise to the Lord the Almighty" that our choir is doing and it knocks my socks off! I know in this contemporary generation some of us have never even heard these old hymns but if you'll indulge me just a second I gotta get some praise on! Read these lyrics and even if you don't know the tune, sing along...

"Praise to the Lord the Almighty, the King of creation; O, my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation; All ye who hear now to His temple draw near; Join me in glad adoration.

Praise to the Lord, Who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth; Shelters thee under His wings, yes, so gently sustaineth; Hast thou not seen how all thy longings have been granted in what He ordaineth.

Praise to the Lord, Who doth prosper thy work and defend thee; Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee; Ponder anew what the Almighty can do if with His love He befriend thee.

Praise to the Lord, O let all that is in me adore Him; All that hath life and breath come now with praises before Him; Let the Amen sound from His people again; Gladly forever adore Him.

Praise the Lord!!!!"

Thanks for singing along! He is worthy!!
(Words and Music by Joachim Neander)

1 comments:

Nise' said...

Not sure how I found your blog..enjoyed reading it. I, too, am doing Breaking Free. We just finished discussing week 9 and man, we could spend five weeks alone on one lesson it is packed full of TRUTH! I am always sad to see a BM study end, but look forward to the next one!