CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I AM NOT ASHAMED!!

Well I have to tell you that I received a comment on my blog today from another Country in which I was attacked both as a Christian and an American. First time for everything I suppose!

Let me just say to anyone who reads this that I am NOT ashamed to say that I am a child of God. I believe that Jesus Christ came to the earth, died for all our sins and rose from the dead on the third day so that every person would be granted access to heaven. I believe that if you accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord and ask forgiveness for your sins you will be saved from eternal separation from God the Father. I believe that with all of my heart!!

Let me also say that I am so glad to live in the United States of America! I am privileged to call this my home. My grandfather and so many others gave their lives that I may have the freedom to sit here and claim Jesus as my Lord and that I may express my opinions in an open society!

I'm sorry for those of you who don't have that privilege and for those of you who don't understand what it means to be free. However, no country, no politician, no president will ever make you totally free. The only way to have true freedom is to accept Jesus Christ into your heart. Jesus said in John 8:36 "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." Who is the Son? Check out Luke 4:16 - 21 "He (Jesus) went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." (emphasis mine)

If you don't know Him - it's not too late. He's waiting to set you free!

2 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

yougo girl - love it and ditto in myl ife as well. Glad you are protecting your blog and others from destroying it. Keep preachin it and living it.

love you

Anonymous said...

Hi, Val - To many other people in the world, violence like on the VT campus is a daily occurence. They can't understand why it's so shocking to Americans - but we're simply not accustomed to random acts of violence, especially in such a large number as 32 people at one time. God has really protected our nation, I believe because it was founded on and incorporates Christian doctrine and beliefs - He promised to protect those who serve Him because we proclaim and further His gospel. But - America is really in danger of loosing this hedge of protection - for example, abortion has killed more people than in all the World Wars combined! This is legalized violence, hurting women and killing children. That is truly an unspoken tragedy that occurs daily... You are right in saying the only TRUE freedom, for Americans or otherwise, is the freedom Christ brings. When the Holy Spirit calls you and you respond with humility and repentance, He promises to forgive you and reside in your heart - changing you forever! Not only do we Christians experience freedom and peace in this life on earth, regardless of circumstance, but God promised to prepare a place for us in heaven so we can continue our relationship with the living God for all eternity. I pray, in the midst of tragedy, as God works to comfort those who are mourning and show Himself to the weak, many would respond and be changed forever. God bless you, Val, as you serve the living God... the one true God, the Creator, Savior, Counselor, and unbelievably our Father and Friend! Love - Mandy Goldbach